Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 3

Let's start with a story today shall we? I have 2 children and my DS is the younger of the 2 he is 4 soon to be 5 and he is well kind of a bully to his 8 yo sister. She is afraid of hurting him and won't hit back, she feels bad when he gets yelled at and coddles him, and so he won't get in trouble she does things for him. Don't ask me why she does because I can't seem to get it. But lately he has been breaking or ruining things that belong to her. So I made a deal with him this morning, every time he broke something of hers, I would take one of his toys. He told me he didn't want me to take any of his toys. So I told he not to break anything of hers. He agreed and everything was fine...that was until she was reading her book. He wanted her to read a page she had finished. She told him she read that page already and flipped to the next, well he didn't like that and turned the page back and insisted she read the page he wanted her to. She didn't give in and turned the page back again and held it down. He yelled moved her hand and went to turn the page and instead ripped it. Well as soon as I heard it rip I told him to get me one of his toys. He refused, so I got up and took one of his toy trains(not the new one). This started the tantrum of all tantrums which I was happy to ignore, but not before I snapped today's picture :) So here you have it

5 comments:

  1. Great story!! My son is also soon to be five and I know all too well how challenging they can be at this age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Photo Colie... He looks like he is having a trantrum.. I think that was a great deal that was made with him... Can't wait to see you next photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, I know all about tantrums and taking photos while the tantrum is taking place. My son turned 5 last month so we are in tantrum-world at this moment.

    Great photo and wonderful story. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've come up with a perfect way to deal with the behavior, I hope it works out!! He's a cutie pie, even so sad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe I should instill this idea with my youngest. this is a great picture, what a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete